St Bride’s Primary School and Nursery Class Cambuslang
- Categorized in: session 2009-10
St Bride’s Primary School is a denominational school with a nursery class. It serves the north and western areas of Cambuslang. The roll was 378, including 72 in the nursery, when the inspection was carried out in January 2010. Children’s attendance was in line with the national average in 2007/2008. Around 12 per cent of children have English as an additional language.
Particular strengths of the school
- Children who are confident, responsible and motivated learners.
- Very effective support given by staff to support children’s learning and welfare.
- Involvement of children in a wide range of out-of-hours activities which enriches their learning.
- The headteacher’s commitment to enhancing children’s wider achievements and the positive impact on children’s learning experiences.