Our Lady of Good Aid Cathedral Primary School Motherwell
Our Lady of Good Aid Cathedral Primary School is a denominational school. It serves the Motherwell areas of Forgewood, Knowetop, Jerviston and Greenacres. The roll was 453 when the inspection was carried out in October 2009. 66 children attending the school have English as an additional language, the majority of whom are Polish. There is also a small number of Congolese children. Children's attendance was above the national average in 2007/2008.
Particular strengths of the school
- Motivated children with high expectations for themselves and their school.
- Children’s learning and wider achievements, including in art and design, music and drama.
- Attainment in mathematics and skills in information and communications technology (ICT).
- The contribution of the whole school community to ensuring that all children learn and achieve.
- Staffs support for children needing extra help with their learning.
- The headteacher’s leadership of education.
Examples of good practice
- Support for children with English as an additional language (EAL).
- Come clubbing @ Cathedral.
- Children’s experience of enterprise.