Caritas Awards News
- Plaques for Caritas Award
- Shaping Plans for the Caritas Award 2013-14
- Pope Congratulates Caritas Award recipients
- Previewing the Caritas Award Ceremony
- Caritas Award Ceremony - what will happen
- Planning for the Caritas Award 2013-14
- Caritas Award Ceremony Tickets
- Caritas Award Ceremony Sunday 2nd June 2013
- Caritas Award Results
- Caritas Award Update 15th April 2013
- Meeting of Caritas Award Co-ordinators - 28th August 2013
- Caritas Award 2013-14 Documentation
- Caritas Award Parish Engagement
- Photographs from Caritas Awards Ceremony
- Pope Francis thanks teachers
- Greetings from Cameroon to Caritas Award ceremony
- Anticipating the Caritas Award Ceremony
- Pope Francis Sends Encouragement to Recipients of Caritas Award
- Tickets for Caritas Award Ceremony 31st May 2014
- Caritas Award update 10th April 2014
- Caritas Award Ceremony 31st May 2014
- Caritas Award 2014: Preparing for Assessment
- Glasgow Caritas Gathering Point
- CARITAS AWARD UPDATE 19th March 2013
- Caritas Award Medal
- Caritas Award Final Submissions
- Caritas Awards Ceremony
- Caritas Award Update 14th February 2012
- Pope urges parents and teachers to pay attention to young people
- Caritas Award update 2nd June 2011
- Caritas Award Update 10th August 2011
- Schools welcome new Pope Benedict XVI CARITAS AWARD
- Pope Benedict XVI Caritas Award
- Tickets for the Caritas Award Ceremony
- Final steps to the Caritas Award Ceremony
- Caritas Award Ceremony Rehearsal
- Caritas Award 2013: Preparing for Assessment
- An Examination of Conscience
- The Legacy of Pope Benedict XVI for Education
- Meeting of Caritas Award Co-ordinators - 24th January 2013
- Caritas Award in your Parish
- Caritas Award Ceremony DVD
- Caritas Award: FAQs
- Planning for Caritas Award 2012
- Celebrating the Caritas Awards
- CARITAS AWARD RESULTS - AVAILABLE NOW
What is the CARITAS AWARD?
“Love - caritas - is an extraordinary force. . .”
The Pope Benedict XVI CARITAS AWARD encourages and promotes the ongoing faith journey of young people. It recognises that some are already active and committed within their homes, schools, parishes and dioceses and it invites others to respond to God’s call of love. It supports and celebrates the faith witness which young people give within their communities.
Introduced in 2011, this award asks young people to use their faith learning as a starting point for further faith reflection, leading to actions which show their faith witness. Participants in the Caritas Award will be supported in deciding how they can develop and use their gifts in a way that witnesses to God’s love (“Caritas”) in their communities.
Any pupil in their final year of school can ‘sign-up’ to participate in the CARITAS AWARD. Parishes may nominate young people for the award, where no Catholic school is available to do so. The award is designed to be inclusive of all young people and is open to all pupils who can meet the succes criteria for the award. Pupils can choose how they would like to record and share their learning, reflection and witness from a number of formats. Pupils studying at all levels will be able to achieve the requirements for the award.
The first Caritas Awards were gained by almost 450 young people in June 2012 and were celebrated at a lavish ceremony held in Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium on Saturday 2nd June 2012.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about Caritas, see here: Caritas Award FAQs
- To see a Powerpoint presentation introducing the Caritas Award, use attachment below.
- To see a suggested timeline for implementing the Caritas Award in 2012-13, use attachment below.
- To read any news items related to the Caritas Award, click here.Caritas Award News